Hair loss can be due to stress, shock, poor diet, childbirth, hormonal change and auto immune disorders.
Often this can be due to:
- A stressful event or on going stress may temporarily cause hair loss. This could take place even a month after an event.
- Diets low in minerals, vitamins, good proteins and quality fats will eventually cause hair loss.
- Child birth can be a trauma that shocks the body, medications if were necessary for delivery, hormone changes and thyroid changes call all affect hair loss.
- Estrogen and androgen dominance in a cycling woman can cause hair loss.
- Menopause can cause hair loss due to a decrease in all hormones, DHEA, Estrogen and progesterone.
- Increase protein intake such as wild caught salmon, sardines, black beans, avocados, nut butters, walnuts, organic pumpkin seeds, organic chicken and grass fed beef at least 3 oz- 3 x a day.
- Increase quality fats such as org. flaxseed oil, org. olive oil, ghee, nut butters, walnuts, avocados, grass fed butter 1 TB spoon 3 x a day.
- Drink spring water 8 oz + hourly
- Get 8-9 hours deep sleep (see insomnia protocol if sleep is an issue)
- Exercise to increase circulation 20 min. – 45 min. daily
- Meditate to reduce stress work up to 20 min. a day.
- Breathe deeply often to oxygenate cells, release stress and reduce cortisol- getting into parasympathetic mode out of fight or flight mode.